Friday, March 12, 2004

Free Speech and eVoting

'Why I Like Howard Stern' - Best summary of why people enjoy listening to Howard Stern I've come across. If things continue as they have been, it won't be long until the majority of good content will only be available through un-restricted formats such as satellite radio and the internet as media giants get bigger. Could these large media companies be shooting themselves in the foot by pulling the knee jerk reaction instead of thinking of the future?

While a lot of people are real gung-ho about eVoting, I'm not so sure it's ready yet. Being a software developer myself, I know how difficult it is to design and build a fool-proof, reliable and redundant system. Unfortunately, the current solution deployed does not meet those standards. See
'Campaign launched to ban digital ballots' and related links from google.

No comments: