Thursday, June 03, 2004

StonGard

I ordered a StonGard (pronounced Stone Guard) light kit for my WRX a few weeks back from RockBlocker. It's pretty amazing that after a year and a half and 31k miles of driving the car, how many small rock chips are in the fog and head lights as well as the front bumper. The StonGard is thick, flexible 3M plastic material which you apply over the area you are protecting. I figure if it keeps my head and fog lights from getting chipped they will pay for themself. I installed one fog light this morning. Some people recommend using a liquid solution when installing, but I found that it just made it tough to get the material to stick. I had to get the heatgun out to help evaporate the liquid which sped up the process. I will try the other fog light without any liquid as the guys at RockBlocker recommend. Now I have to decide whether or not to get some paint protection as well, my bumper is getting pretty dinged up and I wouldn't want it to get too much worse.

No comments: