Monday, October 10, 2005

Sucky Mexican Food

Twice in the past 2 months now I've eaten what I've considered to be bad mexican food here in San Diego.

Most would agree that San Diego is probably one of the best if not the best place in America to get good Mexican food, but to eat at 2 different bad ones in the past 2 months is not a good sign!

The first one about 2 months ago was some Mexican food place at Seaport Village, the second one was last night at a place called El Cotixan or something which I have now deemed "El Crap in your Pants".

Both places the food was fairly bland (though the place at Seaport Village was worse). Usually you expect the cheese on top of the beans and rice to melt, but at both I faced with luke-warm at best beans and rice, no melting of cheese going on here.

Yuck!

Those kinds of experiences make me want to stick to places I know are good, but where's the adventure in eating at the same place all the time?

7 comments:

Arden Forester said...

This is a great blog Dave. Just saying hi!

Pedram Keyani said...

Yeah Dave, I know what you mean.... In my opinion, all Mexican food is bad :-) jk

Wendy said...

What about Fins, Pedram? I thought you loved that place. And be careful what you say about Mexican food around a pregnant woman who loves it...

Pedram Keyani said...

Fins is seafood, not Mexican :-) I love fins because of the deep fried fish, not the dang beans. The only thing I like about beans is that they give me gas and that entertains me.

Wendy said...

Um, if it's not Mexican, then why is it called "Fins Mexican Eatery"? Splain that fish boy.

Anonymous said...

El Crap in Your Pants seems similar to the Mexican place here we've dubbed "Gil-squirtos" (aka Gilbertos). Bad Mexican food is NOT an adventure I like to take too often.

Anonymous said...

Because they can't write.... It is seafood not Mexican, don't make me go loco!