Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Old and Broken

So last Sunday I decided to ride my skateboard to catch up to Wen on her daily walk. On the way while I decided to eat pavement while going up a driveway when the back wheels got caught on the lip.

I decided to break my fall by landing on my left arm, so my wrist and elbow took the grunt of it. I remember landing on my shoulder and feeling bones move around, but luckily I didn't break a collarbone or anything. I did manage to lightly sprain my wrist and elbow enough to render my left arm mostly useless for the rest of Sunday and yesterday. It even hurt to type!

Luckily it seems to be healing pretty well and I am getting range of motion back in my elbow, but it still hurts to do any moderate activity with the arm, so I'm taking it easy.

Before I went and busted up my arm (good thing I painted before I skateboarded!), I painted Chloe's room a nice shade of green that we picked out from the Disney collection. It's amazing how a little bit of color can brighten up the room! We're officially ready for you now, Chloe!

4 comments:

Pedram Keyani said...

Damn man, that sounds painful. I'm feeling empathy pains and don't think I can do any work around the house either. You better hurry up and recover quickly so you can hold you new daughter in your arms :-) I am getting so excited to see some real (non-computer generated) pictures of her :-)

Unknown said...

Yeah, luckily my arm is mostly useful now as long as I don't have to do anything heavy with it or stretch the elbow too far in either direction.

Chloe's coming soon but Wendy found out at her doctor's appt today that Chloe isn't head down so we either have to try to have her moved (which might induce labor) or just wait until labor starts and hope she turns.

We're going to wait and see how she looks at her next appt Monday, if she hasn't turned we'll make an appt to have her turned so that we'll have a better chance of delivering her normally. Otherwise if she doesn't turn and labor starts it'll have to be a c-section.

More details on the situation in Wendy's last blog entry

Pedram Keyani said...

Dude, how do they have her moved? Can they do it from the outside or does it require surgery?

Unknown said...

They do it from the outside by pushing on the belly. Sometimes it can induce labor, so they will only do it after the baby is considered full term (which Chloe is already).