Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happenings

Whew, it's been busy around here.

Last weekend Wen and I flew up to Eugene, Oregon to visit her family in Roseburg. Unfortunately, Wen's grandmother June has been getting very sick and weak and is mostly bed ridden now. We are lucky that she is staying in a good nursing home with very nice caretakers and has loving family living a short drive away who visit daily.

It was extremely difficult difficult to see her, she has gotten very skinny since the last time I saw her a few years ago. Her dementia has gotten worse. At this point it seems that all we can do is to make her as comfortable as possible.

I've wondered what it must feel like to have one's mind and body degrade to that point. I'm not sure that I would have the will to live knowing the burden I would be placing on family members and it being difficult to appreciate and hardly acknowledge the world around me.

It is amazing what the body and mind will go through and continue functioning.

A new life grows stronger every day in Wendy's Belly. First thing tomorrow morning we go to the doctor where we hope to find out the sex of the baby!

Will it be a boy? Will it be a girl? I've been asked this question a million times in the past couple months and my answer has always been the same. It does not matter to me, all I hope for is that the baby is healthy! Although secretly I may be wishing for a boy. Or am I wishing for a girl?

It's so exciting to think of the small little human growing inside of Wen's womb, which is now about the size of a large sweet potato. What will it look like? What will it grow up and achieve?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has already achieved two people who I know are going to make GREAT parents and give her a great life. That being said, thanks for being so awesome with my kids last week! I look forward to the day I get to see you with Chloe. We love you guys!